1. China is the most populated country in the world with over 1.4 billion people. Mandarin is spoken by almost one billion people. It is the most widely spoken language in the world.
2. Mandarin Chinese is spoken in the People’s Republic of China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, The Philippines, and Mongolia;
3. Knowing Chinese will allow students to compete effectively in the global economy of the future;
4. China is one of America’s largest trading partners;
5. Many American companies do business in China, including Motorola, Coca Cola etc.
6. Knowing Chinese may be an edge when competing for a job. The demand for business people who know Chinese is skyrocketing;
7. China is playing a major role in world affairs and will continue to do so; Mandarin Chinese is the most widely-spoken language in the world.
Learn to speak Chinese and you can speak with million people around the world.
Business- business people who can speak Chinese have a huge advantage in tapping into the Chinese market. It is much easier to develop all important relationships if you can speak Chinese.
Travel- China and Taiwan offers exciting travel opportunities. Getting around is easier if you can speak Chinese.
Culture- with thousands of years of history, Chinese culture is endlessly fascinating. Whether you are interested in history, architecture, music or cuisine knowledge of Chinese will enrich your understanding of Chinese Culture.)